Monday, December 6, 2010

Just sayin'

John always teases me for saying that, but it's the perfect title for this post. =0)

I have had my photography business for a little over two years. My very first paid shoot was in October of 2008. It has been quite the roller coaster ride with lots of ups and downs. One week I am totally in love with what I do and then the other I am totally discouraged and feel like giving up. I know it's all a silly confidence thing that I need to work out, but regardless, it still is a constant struggle.

Lately, I have noticed quite a few clients of mine choosing to go with other photographers. How do I know this? Mainly Facebook but also people's blogs. And I have to say, I completely and totally 100% get it--I don't expect all my clients to use me every-single-time. Why not try another photog's style/service? There are SO many to choose from, especially these days.

Why am I posting about this? Mainly because I don't want people, especially my friends and family, to feel like they have to be secretive about portraits they get taken by another photographer. Post away! I know how exciting it is to get your pictures back and you want to show them to the world! Is it going to hurt my feelings? Nah. I'm a big girl.

Please don't feel like you are going to offend me just because I'm a photographer. I just hope and pray I'm doing enough to keep my clients happy and coming back! =0) Maybe that's something I need to work on.

But, I'm just sayin'. =)

3 comments:

  1. You're so cute Clarissa! You are a great photographer!!! Don't question that, ever. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Brooke. Never question your talent! YOU ARE AMAZING! I am not just talking about your photography either, you are such a cute mom and wife. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you posted that! I sometimes feel that way with hair dressers.. I have a sister in law and 2 great friends that do hair and i dont do much with my hair but when i do i want it now so i go with whom ever can get me in.. And i do feel bad sometimes

    ReplyDelete