Monday, November 28, 2011

{thankful.}






Thanksgiving this year was amazing, to say the least.
We spent it at my sister-in-law's/brother-in-law's cabin in Wallsburg, Utah.
John's ENTIRE family was there (minus one niece and her husband).
It was chaotic, loud, crazy, and fun.
It was a weekend filled with food, laughter, 
Just Dance, games, napping, and memories.

My cute father-in-law went around the room before we ate dinner
and asked everyone to say what they are thankful for.
I loved hearing the things that people were most grateful for.
I love this time of year because it helps me to 
reflect on everything that I have.
I have so much.

My sister-in-law, Missy, posted this quote on her FB page:
"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. 
It turns what we have into enough, and more. 
It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity.
It can turn a meal into a feast, 
a house into a home, 
a stranger into a friend.
Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, 
and creates a vision for tomorrow."
I'm not sure who it's by, but I think it's so powerful!
I hope I can keep an attitude of gratitude throughout the whole year!
 Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment