I know I am very behind, but I am trying to slowly get caught up when I have a free minute (which is very rare these days!) For the past couple of years we have made Valentine's Day a family holiday instead of just a "couple's" holiday. My amazing sister-in-law Shelly gave me this wonderful idea. We make a fancy dinner, set the table with all our pretty dishes and a tablecloth, light some candles, and pop open a bottle of bubbly (sparkling cider, of course). The girls LOVE it--especially Autumn. Then after dinner, the Valentine Bandit sneaks up to our door and leaves a goody or two for the girls. It's so much fun and we all look forward to Valentine's Day now! I highly suggest giving this little tradition a try! Besides, we have our anniversaries to celebrate as a couple, right?
We had the BEST dinner: lobster tails with lemon, French bread, green salad, and lemon butter pasta.
For dessert, John made chocolate fondue! We dipped strawberries, Rice Krispy Treats, bananas, and marshmallows in melted milk chocolate--yum!
That is so sweet. We also do dinner by candle light for Valentine's. How do you make Lobster tail? My husband would love that!
ReplyDeleteJodi, it's SO easy. You just put it in boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Easy peasy and YUMMY!
ReplyDelete