Friday, September 17, 2010

stuff.

My house is covered in stuff.
Stuff.
Such a weird word!
Regardless of it's weirdness, I have too much of it.
Specifically, kid stuff.
Toys, shoes, clothes, books, crayons, and DVDs.
And every birthday, Christmas morning, and visit to Grammy's house,
 brings more of it into my small home.

I am overwhelmed with stuff.
And now that I have two children, it's doubled!
I just can't keep up with it all.

And don't even get me started on laundry...
I shutter to think of how it will be when we expand our family even more...
*eye twitching*

Anywho, I need some help in the form of advice.
What do all of you do about all the stuff?
I am not very good at keeping things clean or oragnized.
I am still learning how to balance it all.
(Will I ever get there?)

How do you keep your house from getting completely and utterly taken over?
I would LOVE any oragnizing, cleaning, de-cluttering tips because my house is
COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY TAKEN OVER!

HELP!

3 comments:

  1. LoL! Eye Twitching for sure! You know what I do? Throw away this "stuff" all the time! I am always throwing away "stuff" sometimes I throw away "stuff" that I should keep.. but I like to think that it helps. :-)
    and then a month or two goes by.. and I think where did I put that _______ .. oh ya I threw it out! DOH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like baskets. :) Cute ones with fabric hanging out the top, or colored baskets that you can put in bookshelves. I also really like those plastic drawer organizers you get cheap at Walmart. I am a "blankets go in this basket," "stuffed animals go in this basket," "random plastic toys go in this basket," etc. The trick is remembering to put them in their right places and getting everyone else to do it. It seems to help me keep my sanity with all the STUFF though. :) Your little girls are so cute. I might need you to take some family pictures for us sometime. Let me know if you are ever in Aurora and maybe we can be there at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA! I love it. I only have one little one and I have the same problem. I love this website http://www.flylady.net/pages/FlightPlan.asp . Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete