Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Oh my GOODNESS!

Holy cow, I have neglected this blog. I've probably been deleted from everyone's blog list by now!
My last post was on March 17th and it was just a recipe...nothing personal at all.
Yikes.
I'd vow to be better and promise to post at least once a month,
but it'd probably be a promise I couldnt keep, so I won't. =)
I will just do a quick lil' update on the Stagg family.

John: John has been working hard at his company, IHS,  with his brother and brother-in-law, Joe and Joe or as we lovingly refer to them as "The Joes". Things are sort of up and down, but we are trying hard to remain faithful and stay positive. We know that through faith, anything is possible! He has been working very hard in yard and making it look beautiful. He is very passionate about his vegetable garden and killing the dandelions in our lawn. =) He works so hard for our family and we love our Daddy so much!

Me: I have been busy, busy, busy with mommyhood and my photography business.  My two little ones keep me on my toes all day, everyday and my business keeps me up until the wee hours of the morning! I love every minute of it, though. I just shot my fifth wedding. It was hard, hard work but a ton of fun. I'm still deciding if I want to do weddings on a regular basis or just once in a while or not at all. It's a tough decision.
I'm still trying to balance motherhood with my "career". It's sort of feeling like I may need to put the business side of things on hold for a bit until Abbey gets a little older.
My children are MY #1 priority and I never want to put anything before them.
When I got pregnant with Autumn, John and I decided that I would never work as long as we had little ones in the house. It's so important to both of us to have me at home with them.
 I know it's not for everyone, but it's something that we feel very strongly about--so I'm trying to only schedule shoots on Saturdays so the girls can be home with daddy and I only have to be away for a couple of short hours.

Autumn: Autumn has graduated from "toddler" to "big girl"! She is now potty-trained! I type this with hesitation because I don't want to jinx this amazing milestone--she has accidents on a daily basis, but I'm trying to not let it ruin my excitement for this accomplishment! =) I hear that it just takes time and to not get frustrated, so I'm trying to be really, really, really, really (really) patient. She is talking up a storm these days and says complete sentences like a pro. She is the cutest thing. She has the funniest personality and always has John and I rolling with laughter. She is so loving and such a great big sister.


Abbey:  Abbey girl is 7 months old now (she will be 8 months in 2 days..ahh!). I can't believe my baby girl is almost 8 months old. She is such a sweetheart. She is a definite mommy's girl and would love nothing more than to lay in bed with mommy all day just snuggling and nursing to her heart's content! She loves to be tickled and giggles like crazy. She gets the biggest kick out of her big sister and thinks anything Autumn does is the greatest thing ever. Autumn does "peek-a-boo" and "pat-a-cake" and Abbey giggles and giggles. She is soooo close to crawling and I can feel it's going to happen any day now. I am so not ready to have a crawler around my house! That means I'm going to have to keep my floors squeaky clean--something I am terrible at! She is an absolute joy and I don't know how I ever lived without an Abbey girl in my life!


So there's my update and proof that I'm not a total blogger-Scrooge!

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were a photographer. I looked at your website. You are so good! I bet that is so fun. Congrats on the cute girls and your success in your business. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your blog! It is such cute! The pictures are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete