Sunday, August 30, 2009

Look Who's 2!

My sweet, little Autumn Ellen is 2 years old now! Her birthday was on August 21st. I can't believe it has been two years since I had her--boy, how time flies. I know every parent says this, but time really goes SOOOO fast when you have kids. We woke up that morning and I got her all dressed up in her new outfit and did her hair in piggy tails. We went to the Veteran's Memorial Park here in Tooele and did her 2 year portraits. She wasn't really in to smiling for the camera (probably because I'm always sticking the camera in her face and telling her to say "cheese") but I managed to get some cute shots of her. She looks like such a big girl. After pictures, we went and ate lunch with my mom at Bajio (my absolute FAVE...even more so than Cafe Rio!) then we went to the store to get everything for her little party. We had Hawaiian haystacks (which I'll include the recipe later in the post) which are soo simple, but sooo delicious, and I made a cake for her. Her birthday guests included: Grandma and Grandpa Sparrow, Grandma and Grandpa Stagg, Aunt Katie, Uncle Joe and Aunt Missy, Cousin Ty Ty, Heather and Brian, Mckenzie, Megan, and Baby Austin. We had the party in our backyard and just ate, laughed, talked, and enjoyed the beautiful summer weather. We sang "Happy Birthday" and Autumn blew out her #2 candle like a pro (we had been practicing the week before)! Now I am 36 weeks pregnant and getting ready to bring another sweet daughter into this crazy world. Being a mother these past two years has been such a wonderful blessing and privledge and I am so grateful for my beautiful family and life. Happy birthday, Autumn!

Recipe for "Hawaiian Haystacks" (Thank you Morris') Serves: 8-10

2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup

2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup

1/2 pint sour cream

4 lg. cans chicken chunks

1 Tbsp. lemon pepper

2 Tbsp. lemon juice (I use the pre-squeezed that you buy in the little plastic lemon)

generous salt and pepper

Combine in crockpot, stir well. Cook on low for 3-4 hours till heated through.

Serve over coconut rice:

Recipe for "Coconut Rice"

1 box instant white rice

1 can coconut milk (can be found in the Asian foods aisle)

1/2 c. sugar

Cook box of rice according to directions. Stir in coconut milk and sugar.

Top with:

pineapple tidbits

cashews

green pepper

red onion

Chow Mein noodles

shredded cheese

Delicious!

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUTUMN!!! It is crazy how time flies. She looks so grown up with her little skirt and vest. :( Oh and you are TINY by they way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you look like you have at least 4 months left, not 4 weeks!! And Happy Birthday Autumn, I thought of you when we were celebrating Eric's birthday as well. (The 21st also)I remembered you share the day! Can't believe she's 2!!

    ReplyDelete