Wednesday, October 13, 2010

to my {wonderful} parents

To say that my mom and dad are amazing,
would be the understatement of the century.
I know that we all (most of us) feel like we have been blessed with the best parents on God's green earth.
Well, that's just not possible, because I have the BEST parents on the planet.
Hands down.
My mom and dad live down the street and around the corner from us.
Almost walking distance (if John liked to take walks).
After we moved to Tooele, they moved out here as well, a few months later.
The way it all worked out so that they could move closer is such an amazing miracle!
I don't know what I would do without them.

They are always there when we need them.
They do so many things for us without hesitation.
They take care of me and my family with huge smiles on their faces.

They love and adore my children.
They SHOWER them with love, kisses, and junk food.
I've never seen more loving grandparents in my life.



My mom....
cooked, cleaned, and ran errands for me when I had my babies
lends us $100 when we are in the overdraft for the third time this month
invites us over for dinner even after she's worked a full 8-hour day
buys the girls' new outfits every time she goes into Salt Lake
brings us lunch every-single-day
plays with Autumn and snuggles Abbey her entire lunch break
understands why my house is a mess and never makes me feel bad about it



My dad....
has more love in his heart for his family than any other man I've ever known
drops everything to help John with projects around the house and yard
loves his grandchildren and wants to be close to every-single-one even if it's not possible
calls me when he is out of town just to see how we are doing
got me two antique cameras from my grandma's house because he knew I would love them
babysits my girls whenever I need him and loves every minute of it
watches hours and hours of Dora the Explorer, Beauty & The Beast, and Caillou without one complaint



Mom & Dad
I love you.
Thank you for everything.

Love, Me

3 comments:

  1. I don't even belong in your family and I literally teared up when I read this. Especially the part about your mom. It's such a neat blessing to have a mom like that who is so thoughtful and there for you. I don't doubt you will be just as great as she is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your parents too! You are so blessed Crissie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.. that is well said sister! I couldn't agree with you more that we have the best parents ever. I really loved reading your blog about them. I too love you so much mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete