Tuesday, July 13, 2010

{independence day}

It's our family tradition to take part in the Aurora and Salina festivities
(even though I feel like a complete outsider now)
for the
4th of July!

This year was no exception.
We attended the Fireman's dinner in Aurora complete with:
 flavorless pulled pork, canned baked beans, dutch oven potatoes, and HUGE scones with honey butter.
What could be better?

The firework show at dark is quite impressive.
It never disappoints!
Autumn was in complete awe of the show above her head and Abbey was in complete terror!
She snuggled into Mommy as tight as she could, but I wasn't complaining.

We spent the next day at Skutumpah Reservoir.
Who knows where that is?
 I know some of you do!

That evening we headed down to Salina to watch the parade and eat at El Mexicano for dinner.
The girls totally and utterly loved the parade and Autumn collected lots of sugary goodness in a grocery bag.

We randomly clapped and cheered for every float, truck, and 4-wheeler that drove past us.
People weren't sure how to react, but it got us lots and lots of sugary goodness.
Our grocery bag was full.

You know, the strange phenomenon that plagued me this entire holiday was the fact that I kept running into people that I know
(because we either went to high school together or we're from the same town)
and almost every-single-one would turn their head and completely ignore me.
It was so odd.
I promise I don't bite......
 hard.

Anywho, we had so much fun camping at Acord Lake and celebrating this wonderful country that we live in!


God Bless the U.S.A.!

2 comments:

  1. Well I am glad I wasn't one of the ones that turned my head and ignored you. :( Don't feel bad though. I see people ALL the time that we went to school with, etc. and the same thing happens. I never know if they remember me so I don't dare say anything to them and they probably think the same. LOL Anyway, it was great seeing you and your fam. You look great and your girls are so stinkin' cute! I miss you guys living in Aurora!! Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where skutempah is! I totally forgot that you guys have a place up there. My parents sold their lot. :( But it's still nice to go up there and enjoy the fresh air and the reservoir. I love your adorable pictures that you always take. Wish I would have been in Aurora to see you. It's been a LONG time since I've seen everyone.

    ReplyDelete